Join us Wednesdays this summer for Mustang Mornings at the Farm. Beginning June 2nd, the Betsy Dowdy Equine Center will be open to the public from 10 am – 2 pm. Visit the Farm on the mainland in Grandy (located at 102 Young Rider Lane, Grandy, NC 27939), and meet the rescued Corolla horses currently in our care. We hope to meet many of our members, and we invite all prospective members to visit too!
There is a suggested donation of $10 per car at the gate.
CWHF shirts, hats, and other gifts will be available for purchase. You can also sponsor any of the rescue horses. Sponsorship includes a photo and certificate, as well as quarterly updates on your sponsored horse.
Please note that our program will run until Wednesday, August 31st this year. Be sure to check our Events Calendar for announcements of special events to be held at the farm throughout the year.
- An adult must accompany children at all times.
- No outside food permitted.
- Please do not bring apples, carrots, or other treats for the horses.
- No outside dogs permitted. Dogs may not be left unattended in vehicles. Service dogs welcome, but must be leashed and under control at all times.
- CWHF reserves the right to ask any person or persons to leave the property at any time.
- The maximum speed limit on our gravel driveway is 5 mph at all times.
- Check our event page or call before attending in case of last-minute cancellation. The event is rain or shine, but Farm will be closed in the case of lightning or other dangerous weather. Also, Farm may close in the event of certain emergencies or other issues with the horses.
- Gates close twenty minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Remember, this is a working farm! There are mud puddles, flying insects, and animals that poop. Therefore, Closed-toe shoes are highly recommended. There is a bathroom on-site, but facilities, in general, are limited.
- We are unfortunately unable to accommodate visitors at any other time. The Farm is closed to the public outside of Mustang Mornings’ open house hours.